Ricotta hash, with Poached Egg and Smoked Salmon
by Clover Ng
@ 14 Nov 2013
1. Pre heat oven to 160 degrees
2. Separate egg yolks and whites
3. Mix egg yolks, ricotta, flour, milk, salt, baking powder, and finely chopped dill in a large mixing bowl
4. Whisks egg whites in a separate bowl until light and fluffy – make sure bowl is dry and clean!
5. Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the ricotta mixture
6. Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture onto a medium heat non-stick fry pan with a little olive oil. Cook both sides until golden
7. Remove from heat, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 6 minutes
1. Bring 10cm of water in a saucepan to almost boil. Add vinegar (this helps the egg whites to congeal easier)
2. Crack one egg at a time into a small cup, and then gently drop the egg into the water. With a spoon, nudge the egg whites closer to their yolks
3. Cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked
4. Gently lift eggs out of pan with a slotted spoon onto some baking paper to remove excess water
1. Place ricotta hash onto plate, stack asparagus, smoked salmon and poached egg on top, then garnish with a little dill.
TIP – always use fresh eggs, not only are they higher in nutrition and flavour, they also hold together better when poaching.
Eat Fit Food provide healthy meals and food for weight loss delivered FRESH daily to your door. They deliver to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia