U.S. Calrose Brown Rice with Fried Chicken Tenders
300g U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice
60g rendered chicken fat
100g onion, diced
25g garlic, chopped
20g ginger, chopped
1l chicken stock
5g sesame seeds, toasted
50g tomatillos, diced
40g rock salt
30g white miso paste
1kg chicken tenders
50g plain flour, sifted
50g rice flour, sifted
6g dried sage
5g cracked black pepper
5g ground ginger
6g cayenne pepper
8g mustard powder
plain flour, for deep-frying
1 fresh lime
35g crème fraiche
30ml chipotle sauce
50ml ‘Loco’ passionfruit hot sauce
coriander and sliced jalapenos, for garnishing
- Soak U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice in cold water for 3 hours. Wash U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice thoroughly until water is clear, drain the washed Diamond G Brown Rice and place into rice cooker.
- In a saucepan, add rendered chicken fat and allow simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic and ginger into the same saucepan and simmer over medium heat until onion is transparent. Add chicken stock and salt to saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice and chicken stock to saucepan and mix evenly. Place saucepan with Diamond G Brown Rice over medium heat and boil for 45 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and add U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice to mixing bowl. Add toasted sesame seeds and diced tomatillos to bowl and mix evenly. Set aside.
- Create brine using water, rock salt and white miso paste in a bowl. Add chicken tenders to brine and soak for 4 hours.
- In another mixing bowl, add sifted plain flour, sifted rice flour, dried sage, cracked black pepper, ground ginger, cayenne pepper and mustard powder. Mix evenly. Set aside.
- Rinse brined chicken tenders under running water and pat dry. Cover each brined chicken tender with flour mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove brined chicken tenders coated in flour mixture from refrigerator. Coat again in plain flour before adding into deep fryer and fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on a wire rack with baking tray underneath and set aside.
- Using a fine grater, grate lime for zest and squeeze lime to yield juice in a mixing bowl. Add crème fraiche into mixing bowl and mix evenly. Set aside.
- On a serving plate, add cooked U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice. Place chicken tenders on top of cooked U.S. Diamond G Brown Rice. Drizzle chipotle sauce, ‘Loco’ passionfruit hot sauce and the lime crème fraiche onto chicken tenders and Diamond G Brown Rice. Garnish with corianders and sliced jalapenos. Serve immediately.